S Mattison wrote:
> Personally, I think unless Terangreal is written so that content is
> dynamically polled from XML documents, it'd be difficult for the average
> layperson to write modifications... (Unless it's already like that and I
> didn't read the manual close enough. I'll go back and read it now)

I was mostly thinking about programming, but that's a good idea too.  I
don't know if this is in the manual yet (there are actually several
things that are missing from the manual), but there is an XML format for
describing VObjects:

Here's a wiki page with really basic documentation on that XML format:

http://interreality.org/cgi-bin/moinwiki/moin.cgi/XodDocumentation

There is also a more compact "binary" format called COD.

Both XOD and COD can be used for any Vobjects, and is used for both
"configuration" and "content" (both 3D and HTML) used by omnivos.

Eventually we also want to support VRML and also maybe Collada formats.

Reed