On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 07:12:06AM -0800, Ken Taylor wrote:
> Peter Amstutz wrote:
> >
> > I just acquired a new (old) computer that I'm going to set up with
> > Windows XP.  I want to set up a continuous build so we can catch some of
> > these cross platform issues earlier.
>
> Hope it didn't cost you too much :P

It's my brother's old computer (he got a new laptop a while ago) so it
was just collecting dust.  It's an Athlon XP 1900, which is a step up
from the K6-450 I would otherwise have had to use to run Windows ;-)

> Nope... wxtest only reports seeing mouse events.

Interesting.  Well then, someone will need to dig into that at some
point.

> > It's also possible there's
> > a bug in the translation from the wxwidgets event to the Crystal Space
> > event, although if that were the case the rest of the UI would work fine
> > and only the 3D panel would have keyboard input trouble (unless there's
> > also a focus management problem).  That's all speculation, though.
> >

> Actually the rest of the UI does work fine. I can type into the chat box and
> the URL box, TAB the focus around, etc.

That's good to know.

> If i get more time later this week I'll try to look more closely at it...
> but right now my focus is on going through the code for the VOS library to
> learn more about how it works... and I've never really liked GUI programming
> that much :P

Great!  By the way, the 3D world server on interreality.org should be
back up.  I attached with gdb and it does look like there is a deadlock
happening, but it was on a stripped binary so I didn't have any
debugging symbols.  I've restarted the server running a debug build so
hopefully I can get more information when it happens again.

One of the goals of s5 will be to completely revamp the VOS approach to
concurrency, specifically going in the direction of "Erlang-style"
concurrency where every vobject is its own logical thread.  One of the
advantages to this is fewer locks, and so fewer opportunities for
deadlock...

--
[   Peter Amstutz  ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
[Lead Programmer][Interreality Project][Virtual Reality for the Internet]