chris wrote:
> Lauren,
>
> you were clear enough - I was just reinterpreting a bit because I don't
> think I have seen
> such a thing for x3d. But there are some potential candidates as a starting
> point, such as vos, vrspace or deepmatrix, to
> perhaps link with an X3D browser. I just don't know enough about them
> to comment on their specific strengths/weaknesses.

One of our plans for VOS is VRML and X3D support. Unfortunately I
haven't made any progress on it recently.

The VRML/X3D "engine" will run on one or more servers. Users will view
the world in a client that is connected to those servers using the VOS
network protocol and object models.

Let me know if you want more info or want to help implement this.

http://interreality.org for more about VOS.

Reed