On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:29:35 -0700, Ken Taylor wrote:
> Sounds reasonable... What reasons (other than asthetics/symmetry) are there
> for properties to be first-class? Will a property object ever have
children?

Two use cases we encountered in the past for putting children in a property:

- Translations.  Depending on the data, the translation can be a further
property inside the property, or it can be a sibling, with each language
version having a property containing the language code.

- And misc:metadata, of course; you can surely imagine lots of situations
where you'd want to store a date, author information, etc for a property,
right?

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----