Well, one approach would be to treat HTTP as an unreliable/stateless
channel, implement stateful, connection-oriented sessions on top of
that, and then have VOS (both on the server side and in the browser) run
on that layer.  So then it would easy to push updates to the browser by
queuing messages until the next time the browser checks in.

--
[   Peter Amstutz  ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
[Lead Programmer][Interreality Project][Virtual Reality for the Internet]