--- Begin Message ---
Dear Qt User:
Nokia is pleased to announce that with the release of Qt 4.5 you will
be able to use Qt under the Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
version 2.1 terms. When released in March 2009, Qt will be made
available under three licensing options: Commercial, LGPL and GPL.
Prior versions of Qt are not impacted by this announcement.
Nokia is committed to Qt and its continued development. By offering Qt
under LGPL version 2.1 license terms alongside today’s licensing
options Nokia hopes to:
- facilitate wider adoption of Qt across industries, desktop, web and
- establish Qt as a de facto standard for application development.
- receive more valuable feedback and increased user contributions to
ensure that Qt remains the best-in-class, cross-platform framework.
- extend Nokia’s existing platform commitment to the open source
By offering a cost-free LGPL license as well as commercial and GPL
licenses to Qt, you can choose the license model that best fits your
Irrespective of which license model you choose:
- Qt Software is committed to continuing to provide our customers with
the same level of professional support, services and regular releases
you have come to expect of Qt Software.
- We will continue to actively develop Qt, and with a greater degree
of cooperation with the community through a new contribution model, we
hope to make Qt even more valuable to our users.
For more information on the introduction of the LGPL license and what
this means for you, please consult the Frequently Asked Questions
section on www.qtsoftware.com.
Director of Sales
Nokia, Qt Software
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this
message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the
This message was sent by Nokia, Qt Software using VerticalResponse
Nokia, Qt Software
(P.O. Box 4332 Nydalen, NO-0402 Oslo)
Oslo, Oslo NO-0484
Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy:
--- End Message ---
vos-d mailing list