Hi Patrick, Sacha and others,

as the "error while loading shared libraries: libgmx_d.so.6" became
very frequent recently, I just added an option (named -R) to build.sh
to make the binaries remember the libraries they have be
compiled-with.

We will not enable this option by default due to other issues which
may arise with that feature.

Cheers,

Christoph

2011/7/28 Patrick Kiley <pjki...@gmail.com>:
> Hi Victor,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I actually did source gromacs before compiling
> so I am not sure what went wrong.  However, I have deleted the whole
> directory and re-tried compiling and it worked this time.
>
> Patrick
>
> On Jul 22, 12:10 pm, "Victor Rühle" <rue...@votca.org> wrote:
>> You have to source gromacs that votca can find library
>> --
>> Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail gesendet.
>>
>> Patrick Kiley <pjki...@gmail.com> schrieb:
>>
>> Dear all, I have tried to install votca 1.2 but am experiencing some
>> difficulties after compilation. Here is what I have done: 1) source gromacs
>> 2) build votca like this : ./build.sh --release 1.2 --prefix /home/
>> patrick/votca/ tools csg Everything seems to work fine up until this point.
>> 3) source votca: source /home/patrick/votca/bin/VOTCARC.bash 4)try to use
>> votca: csg_boltzmann --help and I get this error message: "csg_boltzmann:
>> error while loading shared libraries: libgmx_d.so.6: cannot open shared
>> object file: No such file or directory" libgmx_d.so.6 definitely exists on
>> my machine. Does anyone know why I might be getting this error despite the
>> fact that compilation seems to have worked? Kind regards, Patrick Kiley --
>> "votca" group. To post to this group, send email to votca@googlegroups.com.
>> votca+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this
>> group athttp://groups.google.com/group/votca?hl=en.
>
> --