Hi Tinashe,

welcome!

Am 18. Januar 2012 07:18 schrieb Tinashe <tinashe.nd...@gmail.com>:
> - the min/max/step values for force matching i get from the
> distribution functions, that it samples a valid interval, and the
> number of bins is not too high, otherwise might become slow
> - the table_a1*.xvg are usually generated using csg_boltzmann, there
> is a section in the manual. You can convert the votca potential files
> to gromacs using csg_call. I have to lookup the correct command, but
> christoph might answer on googlrgroups.
See section 4.2 of the manual:
<https://votca.googlecode.com/files/votca-csg-manual-1.2.2.pdf>

But basically once you have the potential in Votca format, it boils
down to the following:
-create a simple settings xml file (table.xml):
<cg>
<inverse>
<gromacs>
<pot_max>1e8</pot_max>
<table_end>8.0</table_end>
<table_bins>0.002</table_bins>
</gromacs>
</inverse>
</cg>
and run
$csg_call --ia-type TYPE --options table.xml convert_potential gromacs \
table_extrapolate.pot table.xvg
where  type can be non-bonded, bonded, angle, dihedral.

Note, that in the current development version we renamed "bonded" to "bond"!

Cheers,

Christoph

> - renaming te distribution function and use it as target is the proper
> way to do
> - you can make a few optimizations in the grompp, e.g. if you don't
> have charge in the cg model, use cut-off as estatic method. this will
> disable the fft from pme.
>

> Best,
> Victor
>

>> Dear Victor,
>>
>> Firstly, thanks a lot, your suggestions were on the mark.
>>
>> At first, I ran the following command:
>> csg_stat --top topol.tpr --trj traj.trr --cg hexane.xml --nt 3 --options
>> fmatch.xml
>> and then renamed the files from *.dist.new to *.dist.tgt to use together
>> with the settings file. Is this the correct way to things?
>>
>> How are the following files meant to be created: table.xvg table_a1.xvg
>> table_b1.xvg
>> Where does one get the numbers in the settings.xml and fmatch.xml? I have
>> simply used numbers from VOTCA tutorials?
>> It appears that I can still use the same grommp file as the one I used for
>> atomistic simulations, is this so?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Tinashe
>
> --