2013/3/25 Mercadante, Davide <davide.mercada...@h-its.org>

> Dear Christoph,
>
> I am writing because I have a question about preparing my system for CG
> simulations using votca.
Welcome, and please if your research is not top-secret, post your
questions on our mailing list: <votca@googlegroups.com>, so that
others can learn from it.

> I want to simulate a peptide in water using a CG approach and I was thinking
> of using votca to determine the non-bonded and bonded CG potentials starting
> from the full atom simulations that I have already performed on the same
> system (using Gromacs ersion 4.5.5). In order to do this I have studied the
> votca manual and I found it very interesting. I am interested to apply
> Boltzmann inversion method to find out bonded potential and IBI to determine
> the bonded potential in order to build a gromacs topology to use in further
> simulations.
>
> However, I have a question about calculating the non-bonded potential. It
> seems to me that I have to "feed" votca with a settings.xml file that lists
> all the non-bonded interactions occurring and other parameters to carry out
> IBI. However, in my system (not very small) the list of non-bonded
> interactions will be possibly very long..there is an automated way to build
> the settings file? How I can get a list of non-bonded interactions in my
> system?

I am sorry to tell you that there is no automated way to create these
xml files, we thought about that several times, but as it can be done
with a 10 line shell script and most interactions will have different
ranges, which will need some tweaking anyhow, we never wrote a program
to do it.

I can post my script if you need it!

Cheers,

Christoph