> [...]
>   you installed it, set GMX_BUILD_UNITTESTS=ON.
>

> -- Setting build user/date/host/cpu information
> -- Setting build user & time - OK
> -- Checking floating point format
> -- Checking floating point format - IEEE754 (LE byte, LE word)
> -- Checking for 64-bit off_t
> -- Checking for 64-bit off_t - present
> -- Checking for fseeko/ftello
> -- Checking for fseeko/ftello - present
> -- Checking for SIGUSR1
> -- Checking for SIGUSR1 - found
> -- Checking for pipe support
> -- Checking for isfinite
> -- Performing Test isfinite_compile_ok
> -- Performing Test isfinite_compile_ok - Success
> -- Checking for isfinite - yes
> -- Checking for _isfinite
> -- Performing Test _isfinite_compile_ok
> -- Performing Test _isfinite_compile_ok - Failed
> -- Checking for _isfinite - no
> -- Checking for _finite
> -- Performing Test _finite_compile_ok
> -- Performing Test _finite_compile_ok - Failed
> -- Checking for _finite - no
> -- Performing Test CXXFLAG_STD_CXX0X
> -- Performing Test CXXFLAG_STD_CXX0X - Success
> -- Performing Test GMX_CXX11_SUPPORTED
> -- Performing Test GMX_CXX11_SUPPORTED - Success
> -- Looking for C++ include regex
> -- Looking for C++ include regex - not found
> -- Checking for system XDR support
> -- Checking for system XDR support - present
> -- Try C compiler AVX (256 bit) flag = [-mavx]
> -- Performing Test C_FLAG_mavx
> -- Performing Test C_FLAG_mavx - Success
> -- Performing Test C_SIMD_COMPILES_FLAG_mavx
> -- Performing Test C_SIMD_COMPILES_FLAG_mavx - Success
> -- Try C++ compiler AVX (256 bit) flag = [-mavx]
> -- Performing Test CXX_FLAG_mavx
> -- Performing Test CXX_FLAG_mavx - Success
> -- Performing Test CXX_SIMD_COMPILES_FLAG_mavx
> -- Performing Test CXX_SIMD_COMPILES_FLAG_mavx - Success
> -- Checking for gcc AVX maskload bug
> -- Checking for gcc AVX maskload bug - not present
> -- Enabling 256-bit AVX SIMD instructions
> -- Performing Test _callconv___vectorcall
> -- Performing Test _callconv___vectorcall - Failed
> -- Performing Test _callconv___regcall
> -- Performing Test _callconv___regcall - Failed
> -- Performing Test _callconv_
> -- Performing Test _callconv_ - Success
> -- checking for module 'fftw3f'
> --   package 'fftw3f' not found
> -- pkg-config could not detect fftw3f, trying generic detection
> Could not find fftw3f library named libfftw3f, please specify its location
> in CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or FFTWF_LIBRARY by hand (e.g.
> -DFFTWF_LIBRARY='/path/to/libfftw3f.so')
> CMake Error at cmake/gmxManageFFTLibraries.cmake:82 (MESSAGE):
>   Cannot find FFTW 3 (with correct precision - libfftw3f for mixed-precision
>   GROMACS or libfftw3 for double-precision GROMACS).  Either choose the
> right
>   precision, choose another FFT(W) library (-DGMX_FFT_LIBRARY), enable the
>   advanced option to let GROMACS build FFTW 3 for you
>   (-GMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON), or use the really slow GROMACS built-in fftpack
That is a problem in Gromacs, not VOTCA. Gromacs needs a single
precision version of fftw (unless you build a double precision version
of gromacs using GMX_DOUBLE=ON). However VOTCA needs a double
precision version of fftw.

In Ubuntu 14.04 both of them are part of the libfftw3-dev package,
which also contain the headers you will need.

Also you actually don't need to build gromacs, just install the
gromacs-dev package on Ubuntu.

(see here https://github.com/votca/csg/wiki/Dependencies for details)

Christoph

> See also "/home/bskrb/votca/src/gromacs/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
> See also "/home/bskrb/votca/src/gromacs/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
>
> On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 10:47:06 AM UTC-6, Christoph Junghans
> wrote:
>>
>> HI,
>>
>> can you post the output cmake is producing?
>>
>> And yep, Ubuntu 14.04 is basically the last release, which doesn't
>> have a votca package. 14.10/15.04/15.10 have it!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Christoph

>> > Dear VOTCA users,
>> >           Our research team is using GROMACS for the MD simulation. Now
>> > we
>> > are planning to implement VOTCA for our coarse-graining analysis. During
>> > our
>> > installation, we encountered many issues. We are using Ubuntu 14.0.4 LTS
>> > and
>> > GROMACS v5.0.7 for the MD. We tried different methods for the
>> > installation.
>> > We followed the instruction on handout from votca.org by downloading
>> > from
>> > the git. It gives error report log files which I have attached in this
>> > email. We also tried installing from apt-get but it says unable to
>> > locate
>> > the package. Could you help us to resolve the problem? Thank you. Have a
>> > great day!
>> >
>> > --
>>

>> --
>> Christoph Junghans