> Dear Votca Users,
>

>     I have a question about the simple pressure correction method. I have
> changed the scaling factor during the IBI to see whether the pressure is
> converged or not. Initially, the pressure is getting close to target
> pressure, then the pressure is fluctuating about +/- 100 over the target
> pressure (1).
>
>    Then, I changed the scaling factor up and down. But the pressure is still
> fluctuating over the target pressure somehow. Sometimes, the pressure is
> near the target pressure but few iterations later the pressure again
> fluctuated.
>
>   Is this normal behavior when you use simple pressure correction method?
> Or, Should the pressure converge to the target pressure and fluctuate small
> amount near the target pressure?
It is not uncommon to have a pressure of 1bar +/- 100 bar for water systems.
That has nothing to do with the pressure correction, but the
compressibility of the system.
This effect has been discussed on this mailing list many times (use
search on https://groups.google.com/group/votca)

However, I would compare the pressure fluctuation with the atomistic
system as well.
gmx energy should give you a good estimate for the fluctuation and the
error of the pressure.

Christoph

> Thank you.
>
> Best regards,