> Dear VOTCA Community,
>
> this post is primarily addressed to the development team, but could be of
> interest for other users. For quite some time now I am struggling with
> various sorts of finite-size, phase-space sampling, poor long-ranged RDFs
> etc. effects, which all inevitably result in the convergence and more
> important quality of CG potentials in dilute polymer solutions. Very
> recently I have encountered an interesting paper, which addressed partially
> at least one of the issues, namely, numerical instabilities in the
> calculation of Kirkwood-Buff integrals (Gij in VOTCA notation). In this
> regard I would like to ask how much effort would be required to implement
> the finite size correction to Gij from Eq. 7 of dx.doi.org/10.1021/jz301992u
> and would it be of any use for KB-IBI and C-IBI methods at all? :) I could
> try to implement these corrections myself, but I am not that familiar with
> VOTCA source code and C++ language.
It is not hard, I guess - you basically have to multiple the g(r)with
h(x) from Eq. 7 before line 69 in
<https://github.com/votca/csg/blob/master/share/scripts/inverse/postupd_cibi_correction.sh#L69>
I would implement that in a similar fashion as
<https://github.com/votca/csg/blob/master/share/scripts/inverse/table_switch_border.pl>
which put a cos function over a table.

Christoph

> All regards,