> Would you please give a step by step guide on how to run Votca with lammps
> and where the Votca code is written and how the environment looks like? Do we
> run it on a cmd page? I have downloaded Votca for windows using docker as I
> was advised before, the installation seems to have carried out well but I
> have no idea where the Votca file is downloaded to. I don't see an icon
> saying Votca anywhere. So I am wondering how does this software even work?
> How do I get a lammps code ( an atomistic model modelled on lammps) to be
> coarse grained by Votca?
Votca is a command line only tool and hence there is no icon.
The Votca docker container comes with Gromacs (but not LAMMPS), so if
might be easier to start with Gromacs.
A tutorial on how to do coarse-graining with VOTCA (and Gromacs) can
be found here:
<https://sites.google.com/a/votca.org/main/tutorials/coarse-graining>

Christoph

> Sorry for the long text.