> Hello,
>
> I was following the hexane hybrid tutorial and there [exclusions] were
> included in the topology file to consider only non-bonded forces for
> subsequent force-matching. I a bit confused about how exclusions work since
> in the GROMACS manual (Chap. 5 Topologies) it is said that the [exclusions]
> section will exclude all the non-bonded interactions between the atom
> indices listed. It sounded like the opposite of what was intended in the
> hybrid hexane. I am clearly missing something. I would appreciate if someone
> can help me to understand it. Thanks.
I guess you are referring to the "fmatch_intramolecular" folder, right?
The exclusions in that topology are made, to then rerun gromacs on the
trajectory without the exclusions.
So basically you end up with forces, which have no contributions from
the bonds, but are calculated on positions generated by the full
interactions set.
See the "Model System and Simulation Details" of
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mats.201100011> for how the subtraction
method works.

Christoph

> M. Chakraborty