On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 3:37 PM, Alexander Alexander
<alexanderwie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
> Thanks.
>
> On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 5:13:13 PM UTC-4, Christoph Junghans wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 1:38 PM, Alexander Alexander
>> <alexand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Dear all,
>> > I did a
>> > My IBI-bonded-nonbonded (after getting the nonbonded potentials via
>> > IBI-nonbonded only) crashes dues to the "...bonded interactions could
>> > not be
>> > calculated because some atoms
>> > involved moved further apart ...". By replacing the ill-bond by a
>> > harmonic
>> > potential in topol.top file "2 3   N  0.3453  K" where N = 1,2 and K =
>> > 5000,
>> > the simulation are going well. Now what? what is the relation between
>> > this
>> > harmonic  and the table_b2.xvg which was replaced by the harmonic one?
>> > What
>> > would happen for the table_b2.xvg?
>> Sorry, I don't understand your question! Can you rephrase?
>>
> Let's say the calculation crashes when table_b2.xvg is used but it works
> fine with "2 3   2  0.3453  1000" instead, then my question is that "should
> I continue the preregistration using "2 3   2  0.3453  1000" and forget
> about the table_b2.xvg? If so, what would be the final right table_b2.xvg at
> the end? If not so, how I can take benefit from the knowledge of  "2 3   2
> 0.3453  1000" to improve the table_b2.xvg so that it would work as well?
You know generate a table with k*(r-r_0) (with r_0=0.3453 andk=1000,
clip out the middle part and replace it with the structured part from
BI.

>> > Figures in attachment are the plot of
>> > table_b2.xvg.
>> > I got the bonded tables including the table_b2.xvg by "csg_boltzmann"
>> > -->
>> > "csg_call --sloppy-tables" ---> "csg_call --ia-type bond --ia-name bond
>> > gromacs table_b2.xvg". And I am using the bond(angle)-*.pot.in as
>> > initial
>> > guesses for my IBI-all.
>> >
>> > The table_b1.xvg in gromacs manual has been defined such that the the
>> > r(nm),
>> > f(r), f'(r) are the first, second and third column of table_b2.xvg where
>> > f(r) is a cubic spline function in V_b(r_ij) = k*f(r_ij), If the same
>> > definition is applied for the table_b2.xvg obtained by the above method?
>> To be clear, the gromacs table format is x, f(x), -f'(x) (see gromacs
>> manual 4.2.14)
>>
>> I am not sure what your question is! Gromacs uses cubic spline
>> internal to interpolate  the table.
>> However, if you set cg.inverse.gromacs.table_bins in your xml file
>> small enough (you had something like 0.002), then there isn't much to
>> interpolate.
>>

>> > What is the unit of f(r)?
>> KJ/mol (gromacs energy units)
>>
>> > What is the unit of each column in table_b2.xvg in VOTCA?
>> KJ/mol/nm (gromacs force units)
>
> Just to sum up the table format, can you please confirm me that the
> table_b.xvg in VOTCA has the following format:
> first column : Distance with unit nm
> Second column : Energy with unit KJ/mol
> Thirst column: Force with unit KJ/mol/nm
For bonds (not angles) in gromacs that is the format!

Also for a different simulation backend, e.g. lammps this will be
different of course, too!

Christoph

>> > And would you please explain table_b2-1-3.png figure?
>> Not sure what there is to explain..the code on how the third column is
>> calculated is here:
>>
>> https://github.com/votca/csg/blob/master/share/scripts/inverse/table_to_xvg.pl#L95
>
> Best regards,
> Alex