Hi Josh, Thanks for the quick response. This is how I've done things in the past too but apparently it's not the 'proper' way to handle it, we _should_ be placing scripts in /etc/cron.d
Two huge benefits to this are: A) No reboot needed as the changes are picked up instantly. B) When deploying a cron job as part of a package it makes it much cleaner to install/remove the job as we don't need to script it. I'd really like to get it running from /etc/cron.d if possible. Cheers, Robert -----Original Message----- From: Josh F [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 08 October 2008 15:01 To: Robert Rawlins; [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [Voyage-linux] cron script I put cron entries into /ro/var/spool/cron/crontabs/root and then reboot. Robert Rawlins wrote: > > Afternoon Guys, > > I have a cron script which I'm placing in /etc/cron.d but it doesn't > seem to be running for me, I thought I would check in with you all and > ask if you might be able to make suggestions as to why. > > The script is very simple and just runs a python script I have on the > system, something like this: > > * * * * * *root* python /myapp/myapp.py > /myapp/output 2>&1 > > Now, I see an entry in syslog which shows the script being loaded into > cron, however the script doesn't appear to be run every minute as I > would expect. Do I need to be setting any particular environment > variables in the top of this script to get it to run properly? > > Many thanks all, > > Robert > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > _______________________________________________ > Voyage-linux mailing list > [email protected] > http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux > _______________________________________________ Voyage-linux mailing list [email protected] http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
