Hi Sean,

Thank you for your feedback. I don't know ndiswrapper module work until now since I never tested it.

If you have spare time, please consider sharing your ndiswrapper experience in the wiki (wiki.voyage.hk). Thanks.

- Punky

Sean wrote:
Varadarajan,

Do you have a NorhTec box? If so you should really use ndiswrapper and the windows driver. The VIA driver is so bad! Associating to access points when you don't want it to, requiring patches to wpasupplicant, etc.

Check out this page for instructions: http://nicolas314.wordpress.com/norhtec-microclient-jr/

The driver is here:
http://www.norhtec.com/info/download/vt6655softwarepackage1.1.zip

Punky has conveniently compiled ndiswrapper for the ndiswrapper-modules-2.6.23-486-voyage. (THANKS PUNKY!) Just make sure that this line is in your /etc/apt/sources.list.

deb http://www.voyage.hk/dists/0.5 ./

Sean

varadarajan narayanan wrote:
set -e; for d in driver ; do make -C $d install ; done
make[1]: Entering directory `/boot/vt6655_v118_02/driver'
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.23-486-voyage/build SUBDIRS=/boot/vt6655_v118_02/driver modules
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.23-voyage'

WARNING: Symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.23-voyage/Module.symver s is missing; modules will have no dependencies and modversions.

  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1 modules
/bin/sh: scripts/mod/modpost: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [__modpost] Error 127
make[2]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.23-voyage'
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/boot/vt6655_v118_02/driver'
make: *** [install] Error 2
voyage: