I want to control my Voyage mpd on an Intel NUC n2820 via bluetooth instead of the usual wi-fi or wired LAN interface. The reason is because I want to use it in a work environment situation where I can't plug into wired lan for policy reasons and all my attempts to get the NUC iwlwifi to work have failed (I think the hardware for the wireless in the NUC is too new to be well supported at only kernel 3.10 that the Voyage MPD 0.9.2 comes with). I tried to download the 7260 latest firmware file (iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode) into the NUC /lib/firmware dir, the modules all load but edits I make to /etc/network/interfaces
never get the interface to come up.

So my next idea is to use bluetooth to the tablet I want to use as the client (using mpdroid on the tablet).

Is this very doable or not? Or if there's a way to get the NUC DN2820FYK to work on the iwlwifi so the tablet could control it via wifi that would be good too. Maybe somewhere there's a
newer kernel for the Voyage MPD that supports the NUC better?

Mark