> On 06-Jan-00   16:26:17, philippe Hucorne wrote:
> 
> > Just a little thought I had : is there a way to use Voyager 
> > in a Ham8 screen? Wouldn't it be great to be able to browse
> > in 300 000 colors on  AGA ?
> 
> Yep, that's a nice idea which some people already suggested.
> 
> Does anyone have experience with the few hacks around (HAMWB 
> or something) and know if there's any side effect with them ?

I used to use a MUI Screenmode prefs replacement which allowed
you to select HAM resolutions (by a simple checkbox) and that
worked fine: although it limited the colour-mapped screen to
a meagre 16 or 64 colours (depending on HAM6 or HAM8) and
producing some SLIGHT fringing when the Execute Command... box
appeared over a backdrop that was a completely different
colour..

The limitations are that standard Screenmode prefs don't support
HAM modes (they filter then out) and that PSI also doesn't let
you pick them, otherwise opening a 64-colour HAM8 screen is so
easy, it hurts.

> I think the best way would be to check if V is currently on a 
> HAM screen and if so, use HAM in the imagedecoders (the buttons,
> gui, etc... will still be palette based).

I'd say that was a good idea. Now who's going to rewrite PSI to
enable HAM screens? I could never get it to compile, ever..

-- 
Matt Sealey [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Distributed Systems Support
Computer Centre
University of Leicester
____________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"

Reply via email to