On 13-Jan-00, Markus R�tter wrote:"

> Alright. :) Back to business then. Since I haven't seen a reply
> to your questions regarding web servers yet, I'm going to jump
> in there. Your browser is first and foremost a client program
> that sends HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) requests to
> another machine that has a server installed in order to answer
> those requests. So that program is a HTTP server aka web
> server. :) Several of these server programs exist on our Amiga
> as well, the best known probably being Apache and AWS. You can
> install and run either of them to test selfmade HTML pages
> without the need to be connected to the net, simply because
> your local server can answer the HTTP requests sent by your
> browser. Furthermore, the server can act like any other web
> server out there, hosting a web site that is globally
> available. _That_ only if you _are_ online, of course. :)
> Question answered?

Thanks, sounds useful. I've just been using Voyager to look at my
feeble HTML markup attempts.

 I would imagine that having my own web server online means
paying attention to firewalls and viruses. This could be a can
of worms for a non techie. :-x Not to mention an A1200 14 Mhz is
probably way way too slow.

cheers,
Jools



____________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"

Reply via email to