Hello!

I have been involved in a banking service using 128-bit SSL encryption.
The encryption part is working fine in V3 but we have had problems with
cookies. The cookie should be expired after the session, i.e. when Voyager
is quit. What kind of expire date Voyager expects to be set in the cookie
like that? As far as I have been told correctly, we have tested the
following ones:

1) no expire tag at all
2) expire at 01-Jan-1970 (some standard said that this is correct..?)
3) expire at 1997

At least some of those work fine in IE and Netscape, but I don't know if
this 01-Jan-1970 at 00:00:00 GMT is the correct way of doing this. I have
set "ask for cookies" but I don't even see the cookie that we send in the
Voyager, so I guess V3 expires it immediately and doesn't even ask
anything from the user.

There were also some problems getting old pages from the cache instead of
the updated ones, though because of this cookie problem I wasn't able to
test V3 more than just a little. I think setting disk and memory cache
size to zero helped at least a bit. If the page is cached, does V3 verify
the Last-Modified date from the server to see if the page has been
changed?

Regards,
Kimmo Mustonen

____________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"

Reply via email to