Hi,

I sent a message some time ago (I think between 6 months and a year ago) to the
list with what has to be done to enable ShrewSoft VPN in the newer windows 10s.

Please look at the list history for my mail as my notes on this are archived I
don't know where...

Actually, I found my notes on this:

-------------
From http://www.ruudborst.nl/shrewsoft-vpn-filter-blocks-traffic-on-windows-10/

Shrew Soft VPN filter blocks traffic on Windows 10

Because of management reasons we have to use Cisco VPN Client or ShrewSoft for
VPN connections. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I also needed a VPN to our
management servers. Both vendors have an outdated installer and apparently not
compatible with Windows 10 Technical Preview 2 (TP2) so I ended up with a
connectivity problem.
The Cisco VPN client wouldn’t install, to overcome this issue you have to set
the following reg key, restart your PC and install it again.
PowerShell

    sp 'HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network' -Name MaxNumFilters
-Value 14 -Type DWORD

ShrewSoft VPN client installs, but after it is finished the network connection
is lost. The adapter is still enabled but no packets are sent or received. This
is because of the network client filter Shrew Soft installed. Somehow, (because
of security/DNE corruption reasons?) a legacy scripted install won’t allow the
filter to be correctly installed on Windows 10. The solution is to uninstall
the filter and install the filter manually like the screenshot below.
When you still have no network connection after a reboot then run winfix.exe
from Citrix, reboot again and then apply dneupdate64.msi. The winfix utility
cleans up most Windows operating systems to enable installation of products
that use DNE (VPN) and other products like DNE. The dneupdate installer
installs the newest DNE filter which works with the Shrew Soft filter and
solves the issue entirely.  More information can be found on their page
http://www.citrix.com/go/lp/dne.html

Hope this helps and still works.

Carlos Costa e Silva

Senior Team Leader

Keysoft - Soluções em Tecnologias de Informação, Lda

Rua Nova do Calhariz, 34 A

PT-1300-429 LISBOA

PORTUGAL