From: vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io [mailto:vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io] On
Behalf Of Billy McFall
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 10:16 AM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Build Errors

Long, but below are the three types of errors I hit. I am writing a Jira now
and will submit a patch to fix them later today.

1) There is a semi-colon at the end of the if statement. Fix was merged

starting at line 54
      if (IP_LOOKUP_NEXT_GLEAN == adj->lookup_next_index);

My Error Output:
 In function ‘fib_entry_src_interface_path_swap’:
 error: this ‘if’ clause does not guard... [-Werror=misleading-indentation]
  if (IP_LOOKUP_NEXT_GLEAN == adj->lookup_next_index);
 note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it is
guarded by the ‘if’

2) Couple of "defined but not used" errors:

starting on line 535
 static const int dpo_next_2_mpls_post_rewrite[DPO_LAST] = {

My Error Output:
 error: ‘dpo_next_2_mpls_post_rewrite’ defined but not used
 static const int dpo_next_2_mpls_post_rewrite[DPO_LAST] = {
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

starting on line 797
const static char* const lookup_dst_from_interface_ip4_nodes[] =
const static char* const lookup_dst_from_interface_ip6_nodes[] =
const static char* const lookup_dst_from_interface_mpls_nodes[] =
const static char* const * const lookup_dst_from_interface_nodes[DPO_PROTO_NUM]
    [DPO_PROTO_IP4]  = lookup_dst_from_interface_ip4_nodes,
    [DPO_PROTO_IP6]  = lookup_dst_from_interface_ip6_nodes,
    [DPO_PROTO_MPLS] = lookup_dst_from_interface_mpls_nodes,

My Error Output:
 error: ‘lookup_dst_from_interface_nodes’ defined but not used
 const static char* const * const
lookup_dst_from_interface_nodes[DPO_PROTO_NUM] =
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

3) va_arg() parameter issue:

There are multiple instances of this. The first example is in
/vnet/vnet/lisp-gpe/lisp_gpe_adjacency.c, but around 9 other files hit the same

starting at line 358
  lisp_gpe_adjacency_format_flags_t flags =
    va_arg (args, lisp_gpe_adjacency_format_flags_t);

I looked around the code, and other calls to va_arg() de-reference the pointer
to the variable 'args'. 'man va_arg()' indicates that the first parameter is of
type va_list. When I did this it compiled clean.
  lisp_gpe_adjacency_format_flags_t flags =
    va_arg (*args, lisp_gpe_adjacency_format_flags_t);

My Error Output:
  CC       vnet/dpo/lookup_dpo.lo
 In function ‘format_lisp_gpe_adjacency’:
 internal compiler error: in build_va_arg, at c-family/c-common.c:5812
     va_arg (args, lisp_gpe_adjacency_format_flags_t);
Please submit a full bug report,
See <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/ccVa8tTa.out file, please attach this to
your bugreport.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Damjan Marion (damarion)