well sure enough…i doubled the cpu reservation and it all passed clean…
things are pretty quiet right now so ill throw it up again when things are busy
but right now I’m just happy to see a full test-all-debug pass.

thanks,

Ed

> [...]
> after 1-3 seconds.
>
> Try running the bfd tests only (make test-all TEST=bfd) while no other tasks
> are running - I think they should pass on your box just fine.
>
> Thanks,
> Klement
>
> Quoting Ed Kern (ejk) (2017-05-24 16:27:10)
>>   right now its a VERY intentional mix…but depending on loading I could
>>   easily see this coming up if those timings are strict.
>>   To not dodge your question max loading on my slowest node would be 3
>>   concurrent builds on an Xeon™ E3-1240 v3 (4 cores @ 3.4Ghz)
>>     yeah yeah stop laughing…..Do you have suggested or even guesstimate
>>   minimums in this regard…I could pretty trivially route them towards
>>   the larger set that I have right now if you think magic will result :)
>>   Ed
>>   PS thanks though..for whatever reason the type of errors I was getting
>>   didn’t naturally steer my mind towards cpu/io binding.
>>
>>     On May 24, 2017, at 12:57 AM, Klement Sekera -X (ksekera - PANTHEON
>>     TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <[1]ksek...@cisco.com> wrote:
>>     Hi Ed,
>>
>>     how fast are your boxes? And how many cores? The BFD tests struggle to
>>     meet
>>     the aggresive timings on slower boxes...
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>     Klement
>>
>>     Quoting Ed Kern (ejk) (2017-05-23 20:43:55)
>>
>>         No problem.
>>         If anyone is curious in rubbernecking the accident that is the
>>       current
>>         test-all (at least for my build system)
>>         adding a comment of
>>         testall
>>         SHOULD trigger and fire it off on my end.
>>         make it all pass and you win a beer (or beverage of your choice)
>>         Ed
>>
>>           On May 23, 2017, at 11:34 AM, Dave Wallace
>>       <[1][2]dwallac...@gmail.com>
>>           wrote:
>>           Ed,
>>
>>           Thanks for adding this to the shadow build system.  Real data on
>>       the
>>           cost and effectiveness of this will be most useful.
>>
>>           -daw-
>>           On 5/23/2017 1:30 PM, Ed Kern (ejk) wrote:
>>
>>       In the vpp-dev call a couple hours ago there was a discussion of
>>       running test-debug on a regular/default? basis.
>>       As a trial I’ve added a new job to the shadow build system:
>>
>>       vpp-test-debug-master-ubuntu1604
>>
>>       Will do a make test-debug,  as part of verify set, as an ADDITIONAL
>>       job.
>>
>>       I gave a couple passes with test-all but can’t ever get a clean run
>>       with test-all (errors in test_bfd and test_ip6 ).
>>       I don’t think this is unusual or unexpected.  Ill leave it to someone
>>       else to say that ‘all’ throwing failures is a good thing.
>>       I’m happy to add another job for/with test-all if someone wants to
>>       actually debug those errors.
>>
>>       flames, comments,concerns welcome..
>>
>>       Ed
>>
>>       PS Please note/remember that all these tests are non-voting regardless

  • [vpp-dev] sha... Ed Kern (ejk)
    • Re: [vpp... Dave Wallace
      • Re: ... Ed Kern (ejk)
        • ... Klement Sekera -X (ksekera - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
          • ... Ed Kern (ejk)
            • ... Klement Sekera -X (ksekera - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
              • ... Ed Kern (ejk)
              • ... Ed Kern (ejk)
                • ... John Lo (loj)
                • ... Klement Sekera -X (ksekera - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)