From: otr...@employees.org [mailto:otr...@employees.org]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 May, 2017 10:46
To: Juraj Linkes -X (jlinkes - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
<jlin...@cisco.com>
Cc: Wojciech Dec (wdec) <w...@cisco.com>; John Lo (loj) <l...@cisco.com>;
vpp-dev@lists.fd.io; fds-...@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [Fds-dev] Does VPP support vlan 0?

Juraj,

> That's how I understand it. Doesn't that mean it should work without the
> subinterface?
>
> Configuring the sub-interface obviously works. I'm just confused about how
> vpp handles this. For example, I don't need to configure sub-interface for
> vlan 0 for linux interfaces - the packet doesn't get dropped.

I _think_ correct behaviour for RX on a routed interface is that the VLAN 0 tag
should be ignored. And that you shouldn't need a subinterface in this case. If
we require a subinterface, then we cannot receive tagged with 0 and untagged
traffic on the same interface. Something I believe we have to do, if we want to
be compliant for this case.

Open a JIRA?

Best regards,
Ole

> Juraj

  • Re: [vpp-dev] [... Wojciech Dec (wdec)
    • Re: [vpp-d... Juraj Linkes -X (jlinkes - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
      • Re: [v... otroan
        • Re... Juraj Linkes -X (jlinkes - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
          • ... Neale Ranns (nranns)
            • ... John Lo (loj)
              • ... Neale Ranns (nranns)
                • ... John Lo (loj)