From: vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io [mailto:vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io] On
Behalf Of Alessio Silvestro
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 8:25
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] Buffer allocation failure

Dear vvp-dev,

I developed a new vpp node that listen for UDP traffic on a specific port,
then, for each received packet, create a new buffer and send an UDP packet to
the source IP address.

The application is running fine, but when I send some thousands of packets, at
some point vpp starts to give "buffer allocation failure" error.

Where do you think could be the problem.

Is the node not correctly de-allocating the buffer or there is some specific
vpp and/or system configuration that can cause this problem?

Best regards,
Alessio