Hi all,

Just a heads-up: I am currently working on a few issues in acl-plugin
that the system testing as part of the open stack setup has uncovered,
one of them was a memory corruption in the new hash-table based
matching code. Those are always a pain to debug also because they of
course can trip up a completely different part of code than what
caused it.

So, as part of the of the fix (https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/7928/ &
https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/7817/) , I also moved the ACL plugin to use
its own heap (actually two: one for the new "hash-table match" stuff,
and one for all the rest (including the sessions). This is to improve
the isolation with the other parts of VPP and simplify triage - in
theory, now anything caused by acl-plugin should affect just the
ACL-plugin.

It was a big-ish patch for a stable branch, but I decided the
serviceability win is very well worth it.

I've added the "show acl-plugin memory" command which tells about the
state of affairs in those heaps.

--a
_______________________________________________
vpp-dev mailing list
vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/vpp-dev

Reply via email to