AFAIK there is no support to adjust the number of cores used or the cores frequency in runtime. Not sure if there is full support to dynamically switch between polling and interrupt mode, but I believe most of the infra is already there (read below thread).
https://lists.fd.io/pipermail/vpp-dev/2017-January/003868.html

Thanks,
Sergio