Hi Guys,

We are working on ipv6 lookup rate in VPP.

We are sending traffic from TRex and receiving on the same machine, with
VPP as the SUT.

The problem is that lookup rate of ip6 is very low, we are only getting a
lookup rate of 200 Kpps, there are lot of drops. (ip4 has a rate of 5 Mpps).

Is there any special configuration / requirement for doing the ip6 lookup
in the VPP faster. We tried increasing the heapsize, using multiple cores..

Our topology :

1 |
port 2 |

Note : we have default routes in VPP, (so that there are no drops).

Thanks,

Pragash Vijayaragavan
Grad Student at Rochester Institute of Technology
email : pxv3...@rit.edu
ph : 585 764 4662