From: vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io> on behalf of
Saxena, Nitin <nitin.sax...@cavium.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:32 PM
To: Steven Luong (sluong)
Cc: Narayana, Prasad Athreya; vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [vhost-user][armv8][v17.07.01] VM ping not working
properly

Hi steven,

I did IPv4 ping. Some ICMPv6 router solicit messages were captured but those
were not part of IPv4 ping which I did.

I will send show vhost output soon.

Regards,
Nitin

On 28-Sep-2017, at 19:30, Steven Luong (sluong)
<slu...@cisco.com<mailto:slu...@cisco.com>> wrote:

Sexena,

Before you ping, type “show vhost” to make sure the interfaces have memory
region. You typed “show vhost” prior to the interface is ready. So, it does not
have useful information. Would you collect “show vhost” when the interface is
ready?

Also, you send ipv6 pings. Would you please also try ipv4 pings. I got it
running and pings went through on ThunderX last week with ipv4. I’ll try ipv6
later today to see if the problem is specific to ipv6.

Steven