Folks,

I see a number of patches on master that look like fixes, have the word “fix”
in subject line, but no jira ticket assigned and have not been cherry-picked to
stable/1710. Could patch owners, once their patches have been merged, take care
of these last two steps *if needed* and thereby avoid possible future pain to
be created by me haphazardly porting their fixes? Also, in closing, let me
remind you all the wise teachings of our creed:

        • All bug fixes must be double-committed to the release throttle as
well as to the master branch
                • Commit first to the release throttle, then "git cherry-pick"
into master
                • Manual merges may be required, depending on the degree of
divergence between throttle and master
        • All bug fixes need to have a Jira ticket
                • Please put Jira IDs into the commit messages.
                • Please use the same Jira ID