Hey guys,

Here are two issues I faced while installing/running VPP. It would be great to
fix them.

1) Install not executed (at least, it seems that it's the case...) - tested
with current version 18.01 (cloned today) but it's the same with previous
versions too.

git clone https://gerrit.fd.io/r/vpp
cd vpp/build-root/vagrant
vagrant up

**waiting during the installation of the VM**
Note: install.sh does not seem to be executed during this process (can't see
related outputs).

In the VM when logged in with vagrant ssh:

vvp <-- not found
cd /vpp/build-root/vagrant
./install.sh <- Permission denied

First problem: need to manually chmod +x install.sh (maybe that's the reason
why ?).

Then, execute it again. It finishes but tells me there is a dependency error
(second problem): package python-cffi is not installed. To manually fix it, I
do the following:

sudo apt-get install python-cffi
sudo apt-get -f install

After that, install goes fine. Also, note that I've a plugin where a reference
to "vlibsocket/api.h" needs to be removed from plugin.c and plugin_test.c in
order to compile (removed/moved in this new version of VPP ?).

2) This bug seems to be gone since last week with vpp 18.01 (cloned today:
Monday 16 October 2017). But I'll mention it, just in case you didn't hear
about it. When running: "sudo vppctl -s /run/vpp/cli-vpp1.sock create
host-interface name vpp1out", an error was returned (sorry, I don't remember
exactly what was said). And this error was not in earlier versions (around the
25 September 2017 I'd say).

Thanks !

Justin