From: vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io [mailto:vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io] On
Behalf Of Yeddula, Avinash
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:49 PM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] Question on node type "VLIB_NODE_TYPE_PROCESS"

Hello,

I have a setup with, 1 worker thread (Core 8) and 1 main thread (Core 0).

As I read about the node type VLIB_NODE_TYPE_PROCESS, it says
"The graph node scheduler invokes these processes in much the same way as
traditional vector-processing run-to-completion graph  nodes".

For eg..
A node like "lldp_process_node", as I see whenever a timeout occurs or an event
has been generated, a frame has been sent out of an interface. The questions I
have are..

  1.  The part I'm not able to figure out yet is, where is (on which
thread/core) this "lldp_process_node" running in the back ground ?  I'm
assuming it cannot be worker thread.

  1.  Would you please point me the piece of code in vpp infra, that schedules
all nodes of type "VLIB_NODE_TYPE_PROCESS".

  1.  I tried to turn on few debugs like this "VLIB_BUFFER_TRACE_TRAJECTORY"
and few other ones. None of them seems to generate any traces/logs (show trace
- doesn't give me any info). Any pointers on how to enable relevant logs for
this activity.

Thanks
-Avinash