From: Prabhjot Singh Sethi <prabh...@techtrueup.com>
Date: Monday, 4 December 2017 at 12:53
To: "Neale Ranns (nranns)" <nra...@cisco.com>, "prabh...@techtrueup.com"
<prabh...@techtrueup.com>
Cc: "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>, Omer Majeed
<omer.maj...@rwth-aachen.de>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Fwd: :: Setting Mac address on Vlan interface

Hi Neale,

we have the traffic working however the packets looks like
source 1.1.1.3 (02:00:00:00:00:01) dest 2.2.2.3 (02:00:00:00:00:02)
however for reverse traffic
source 2.2.2.3 (02:fe:c9:7a:70:00) dest 1.1.1.3 (02:00:00:00:00:01)

use of BVI for this purpose is ruled out as this use case also need to handle
ECMP route with multiple VLAN interfaces

Packet  Egressed by VPP needs to be going though some third party firewall VM
eventually, so at this point we are unable to rule out
strict requirement on source MAC.

so essentially we were looking at option to set MAC on VLAN interfaces while
correlating it to linux counterpart.

so my expectation is there should be a way to have uniformity in source and
dest MAC for forward and reverse traffic

Regards,
Prabhjot