From: <vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io> on behalf of Yuliang Li
<yuliang...@yale.edu>
Date: Tuesday, 5 December 2017 at 04:55
To: "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [vpp-dev] Bug?

Hi,

I am using vpp v18.01-rc0~160-ge13c799 (show version in vppctl). I feel I find
a bug.

I have two physical interfaces TenGigabitEthernet5/0/0 (int1) and
TenGigabitEthernet5/0/1 (int2).

Normally, if I send traffic (from another server) to int1, I expect int2 should
NOT receive the traffic. This is true when int2 is in l3 mode.

However, if I set int2 to l2 mode (e.g., set interface l2 bridge
TenGigabitEthernet5/0/1 2), int2 will receive the same traffic as int1 does.
This problem happens no matter int1 is in l2 or l3 mode. I use the trace to
confirm that int2 receives the same traffic as int1 does.

Does anyone know this problem?

Yuliang Li
PhD student
Department of Computer Science