Thanks… Dave

From: discuss-boun...@lists.fd.io [mailto:discuss-boun...@lists.fd.io] On
Behalf Of Joel Halpern
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:51 AM
To: Ed Warnicke <hagb...@gmail.com>; t...@lists.fd.io; disc...@lists.fd.io;
vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>; csit-...@lists.fd.io; cicn-...@lists.fd.io;
honeycomb-dev <honeycomb-...@lists.fd.io>; deb_dpdk-...@lists.fd.io;
rpm_d...@lists.fd.io; nsh_sfc-...@lists.fd.io; odp4vpp-...@lists.fd.io;
pma_tools-...@lists.fd.io; puppet-f...@lists.fd.io; tldk-...@lists.fd.io;
trex-...@lists.fd.io

I like having good searchable archives.

I have to say that I am completely turned off by the end of the FAQ.  We don’t
“moderate” any of our discussions.  And unless something is very strange, the
use of groups.io vs mailman better not have any visible effect on participation
in the email discussions.

Listing features like wikis seems also counter-productive.  I do not want us to
have two separate wiki spaces.

Polls would be nice once in a while (although doodle seems to work just fine
for most folks.)

If we want calendaring, I would want it integrated in the wiki, not part of the
mailing list.

Yours,
Joel