Please find the response inline:

________________________________
From: Holoo Gulakh <holoogul...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 12:22 PM
To: Mohsin Kazmi (sykazmi); vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] packet capture

there are labels like dpdk-input, ip4-input-no-checksum, ip4-icmp-echo-request
and so on.
As you know wireshark shows a single entry containing all information about a
packet OR in other words wireshark captures packet at the physical layer.

Q1: Which of these labels in VPP act like wireshark??
[mohsin] dpdk-input, af-packet-input etc. Input graph nodes which receive
frames, act like wireshark.

Q2: How to filter packets base on that label?? I want just one entry per packet
containing all packet's info
[mohsin] you can just add single label which you know interested packet should
come from.

i.e. trace add af-packet-input 10

It will start tracing from af-packet-input and will report all the subsequent
graph nodes which will process that received frame.

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 2:41 PM, Mohsin Kazmi (sykazmi)