Hi Christophe,

> On 13 Feb 2018, at 21:50, Christophe Fontaine <christophe.fonta...@enea.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Andrew !
>
> Happy to see someone else tried to play with the rpi ;)

I wanna try VPP in my home network, but don’t have a lot of b/w (just 2x50mbps
with two ISPs), I am very strict about the power consumption for the “always
on” gadgets, that’s the motivation to try to squeeze it on something small and
see what happens :-)

> I'm guilty for the initial work 1 year ago, but as you saw, I did not tried
> to keep up with the development.

Your work was of big help to get started, thanks a lot ! :-) though I could not
dig enough into the archive to see whether “arm32” platform was specific to RPi
or it was something more generic, so I went with a new platform file.

> For the rpi timercode, it was mainly to have something standard, based on the
> aarch32 arch, but one thing worth mentioning is that I used a rpi2 (which is
> not a aarch64 running in aarch32 mode.)
> But this does not exclude a specific mess-up from my side ;)

Oh, if you still have the h/w, would be curious to compare whether you also can
observe this discrepancy in time... on my RPi3 with the kernel module, the
“make run” would sporadically hang/crash, and since that was the timer, I just
made a cycle taking the clib_cpu_time_now(), doing sleep(1), taking another
time, and printing the difference... maybe the behavior somehow has changed
inbetween.

—a

> Christophe

Links: