Hi Brian,

On Thu, 2018-02-22 at 11:48 -0600, Brian Brooks wrote:
> On 02/22 15:35:06, Marco Varlese wrote:
> > Please, see below...
> >
> > Maybe we should go back to 17.11 as the default version for now
> > (18.02 is broken
> > for arm64 - confirmed over #dpdk channel on IRC).
> >
> > Alternatively, a workaround is to disable the DPAA stuff:
> > CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_DPAA_BUS=n
> > CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_DPAA_MEMPOOL=n
> > CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_DPAA_PMD=n
>
> Since there is a specialized dpaa2.mk platform build, would
> it be possible to always disable unused DPDK platform config
> for the native platform build and then re-enable certain DPDK
> config for specialized platform builds like dpaa2.mk?
I am not sure... apparently though, the issue I reported on the DPDK
mailing-list for ARM64 is not the only one.
I saw another report of something similar by somebody else.
I guess something is simply wrong with the linking stage and it needs
to be looked at upstream by the DPDK community, specifically the DPAA
maintainer(s).
Since, it's an issue not affecting VPP I think it's best to keep follow
the evolution of the problem on the d...@dpdk.org mailing-list. I
pointed that out here since we're consuming DPDK and we just recently
upgraded to 18.02.

Cheers,
Marco

Links: