From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Hamid via
Lists.Fd.Io
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 1:03 PM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Cc: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] #vpp CGNAT implementation in VPP

Hi,

I have a Ubuntu server machine having 32 cores and four 1 Gigabit NICs with KVM
hypervisor. I want to test VPP performance for CGNAT in NAT444 mode while
supporting routing protocols like BGP and IS-IS on VM topology setup. Kindly
direct me somewhere to get me started. The usage of CGNAT with a pool of out
address ranges and allocating port numbers is not directly explained in the NAT
plugin Wiki page. Any info regarding how to generate packet traffic to check
performance in terms of number of concurrent sessions handled by CGNAT on my
hardware will also be appreciated.

I have tried the progressive VPP tutorial but some of the switching related
exercises are not functioning as expected and there is no similar tutorial or
guide to apply CG-NAT along with routing as a PoC software router would do.
Integration with FRR as per FRR wiki was also outdated and could not be
achieved on my setup.

Waiting for suggestions. Thanks!