All,

I'm going to open up stable for patches now. I've tested the Ubuntu packages
from Nexus (https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/Installing_VPP_binaries_from_packages)
and they seem to install and run fine on a freshly installed VM. Packagecloud
is still devoid of packages and LF admins are looking into why; it seems the
push script stopped a while ago independently of RC1 branch.

  *   VPP master branch is open for all patches slated for VPP 18.07 (and
beyond) as normal.
  *   VPP branch stable/1804 is open for bug fix patches only.
Per the standard process, all bug fixes to the stable branch should follow the
best practices:

  *   All bug fixes must be double-committed to the release throttle as well as
to the master branch
     *   Commit first to the release throttle branch, then "git cherry-pick"
into master
     *   Manual merges may be required, depending on the degree of divergence
between throttle and master
  *   All bug fixes need to have a Jira ticket
     *   Please put Jira IDs into the commit messages.
     *   Please use the same Jira ID for both the stable branch and master.
Thanks go to Dave Barach for providing entertainment, Dave Wallace for his
excellent rework of the guide, Vanessa and Ed Warnicke for their infrastructure
support.

Cheers,
Chris