From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io [mailto:vpp-dev@lists.fd.io] On Behalf Of Florin Coras
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 11:25 PM
To: Nicolau, Radu <radu.nico...@intel.com>
Cc: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] segfault due to movaps unaligned access

Hi Radu,

Making the crypto_worker_main_t a full cache line in size (see patch [1]) seems
to solve the issue. Could you confirm?

Florin

[1] https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/12086/

On Apr 24, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Radu Nicolau
<radu.nico...@intel.com<mailto:radu.nico...@intel.com>> wrote:

Hello all,

We’re seeing a weird issue, that is a segfault that looks to be caused by a
movaps instruction that is trying to access an address that is not 16 byte
aligned.
The call originates from a vec_validate_init_empty_aligned that has the
argument aligned to 16 bytes.
I have seen something like this in the past, we couldn’t find a root cause and
considered it a GCC bug (version 5 then), but now it pops up again on version
7, so probably it isn’t.
Any idea? A snapshot of the gdb screen below.

gcc (Ubuntu 7.2.0-8ubuntu3.2) 7.2.0
https://postimg.cc/image/9jy4p38at/

thanks and I will appreciate any help,
Radu