Hi Folks,

As described before the FD.io Docs WG and I are working through the list of FD.io VPP features. Next up is FD.io VPP Layer 2 support, please let us know, what we is missing or in-accurate from the list below.

Would hugely appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ray K

=======
Layer 2
=======

MAC Layer
---------
* Ethernet

Discovery
---------
* Cisco Discovery Protocol
* Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)

Link Layer Control Protocol
---------------------------
* Bit Index Explicit Replication – Link Layer Multi-cast forwarding.
* Link Layer Control (LLC) - multiplex protocols over the MAC layer.
* Spatial Reuse Protocol (SRP)
* High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC)
* Logical link control (LLC)
* Link Agg Control Protocol (Active/Active, Active/Passive) – 18.04

Virtual Private Networks
------------------------
* MPLS

  * MPLS-o-Ethernet – Deep label stacks supported

* Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
* VLAN
* Q-in-Q
* Tag-rewrite (VTR) - push/pop/Translate (1:1,1:2, 2:1,2:2)
* Ethernet flow point Filtering
* Layer 2 Cross Connect

Bridging
---------
* Bridge Domains
* MAC Learning (50k addresses)
* Split-horizon group support
* Flooding

ARP
---
* Proxy
* Termination
* Bidirectional Forwarding Detection

Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB)
* Flexibility to both route and switch between groups of ports.
* Bridged Virtual Interface (BVI) Support, allows traffic switched traffic to be routed.