Seems like you may have forgotten to add my_main->msg_id_base to mp->_vl_msg_id
when sending the reply message from your data plane plugin.

From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Rubina Bianchi
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:42 AM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] Error in VPP DPDK plugin api

Hi Dear VPP

I added an api to DPDK plugin in VPP src/plugin/dpdk.
My api functionality is OK but my reply handler is never called
(_reply_t_handler is implemented for api and its function signature added to
foreach_api_msg).
When I call my api in vpp_api_test, it returns "msg_handler_internal:432: no
handler for msg id 9" and it doesn't return retval (its job is done correctly,
just reply has problem).

How could I fix this warning?

I also developed a client based on dpdk_test.c like as VAT, but I faced with
missing "dpdk/api/dpdk.api.h". I checked /usr/include/vpp and /usr/include/dpdk
and didn't find missed header. So I added dpdk/api/dpdk.api.h to
nobase_include_HEADERS in VPP src/plugins/dpdk.am.

What is the best solution? Do you think my approach to handle it, is right?