Thank you for prompt response. Does this mean currently there is no way to
disable VOM compilation or omit it from vpp-lib?

Ondrej

From: Damjan Marion <dmar...@me.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:27 PM
To: Ondrej Fabry -X (ofabry - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <ofa...@cisco.com>
Cc: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Disable VOM

Plan is to move from current hardcoded model to cmake CPack for packaging
and also make VOM separate package as part of that work.
At the moment I don't have ETA,  it is best effort activity...

--
Damjan

On 5 Sep 2018, at 15:15, Ondrej Fabry -X (ofabry - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at
Cisco) via Lists.Fd.Io
<ofabry=cisco....@lists.fd.io<mailto:ofabry=cisco....@lists.fd.io>> wrote:

Hey VPP devs,

I’m looking for a way to minimize VPP build that only compiles what’s needed to
run VPP and doesn’t bring any extra baggage. I couldn’t find some relevant
information for this on wiki

One of the things I’ve noticed, that makes compilation longer and installation
packages larger is VOM. I’d like to know how to disable it in VPP, since we are
not really using it and it makes compilation unnecessarily longer and also the
libvom.so file takes around 14MB space even though it’s never used and not
linked by VPP binary.

There previously was option vpp_configure_args_vpp='--disable-vom’, but it
seems the support for it was removed, because now it show some warning when
used and still compiles VOM.

If it’s possible I’d like to get rid of all the other parts like java/python
API, I just need pure VPP.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Best regards,
Ondrej Fabry