On Thu, 2018-09-06 at 01:05 +0530, Arijit Pramanik wrote:

> Hi Marco,
> Thanks a lot for your prompt reply and assistance.
>
> We are using Intel X540 NIC.
>
> I'll try with one of them. Which one do you think is best suited for my NIC,
> How do I ensure that the driver module is loaded in the kernel beforehand?
Like any other kernel drivers.... "modprobe vfio-pci"

We want vpp with dpdk plugin. I've just installed vpp using apt-get following
the steps on this link :
https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/Installing_VPP_binaries_from_packages.
Does DPDK have to be spearely installed to be able to use the dpdk plugin?

Thanks a lot,
Arijit.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 8:30 PM Marco Varlese <mvarl...@suse.de> wrote:
Arijit,

Few questions:
1) What NIC is your 10G NIC?
2) Your configuration is wrong:
ixgbe is not a uio-driver... you should choose between vfio-pci,
uio-pci-generic or igb_uio (and make sure to have that driver module loaded in
the kernel beforehand).
3) I assume you're trying to use VPP with DPDK plugin enabled. Can you confirm?

- Marco

On Wed, 2018-09-05 at 23:18 +0530, Arijit Pramanik wrote:
ng VPP with DPDK on our intel Xeon 24 core server. We have installed VPP and
our 1G card was visible when
$ sudo vppctl show interface
--
Marco V

SUSE LINUX GmbH | GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409, Nürnberg