Dear Ray,

As you probably suspect: plugins are neither unloaded nor reloaded.

HTH... Dave

From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Rui Cai via
Lists.Fd.Io
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:43 PM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Cc: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [SUSPICIOUS] [vpp-dev] Question about VPP plugin/node's life cycle

Hello vpp experts:

I'm trying to figure out a plugin/node's life cycle with in VPP process. There
is very rich code/documentation talking about plugin
registration/initialization and node registration. I understand that nodes are
created during node graph build up and during plugin init function I can
further manipulate the edges of my nodes. However, I'm having trouble finding
the code that handles node tear down/plugin un-initialization. Does VPP have a
notion of plugin/node un-initialization? For example, if my plugin allocated
some object during init, I would expect to free it in un-init. If there is such
concept, what should I search to find them? Or pretty much the node/plugin
lives as long as the VPP process is running and the plugin/node life cycle is
never going to be shorter than VPP process?

Thanks a lot!
-Ray