Building generally that kind of pipelines is bad idea, as it will be as slow as
slowest part of the pipeline.
It typically suffer of core-to-core transfer so our model is to keep packet on
the same core as much as possible.
In some cases you need to handoff packet to different core (NAT plugin does
that) but in such case
you likely want to continue processing packet on that core instead of paying
cost of moving it back...

VPP have very simple to use packet handoff infra...

--
Damjan