Hi,

I have a question about gtpu encap node in VPP. My network topology is:

[cid:image002.jpg@01D46AC2.C0DA7910]

VPP is running on GW in Linux VM with two IP interfaces, and eNB & CN in the
above graph are running on two different Linux VMs with only one IP interface.
After starting VPP and some regular settings with CLI, I can ping CN from eNB
side successfully, vice versa without any problem.

Currently, my requirement is that setting gtpu tunnels between both eNB<->GW
and GW<->CN, and then from the eNB side, it will send UDP packet to GW with
gtpu (port 2152, src IP 192.168.2.2, dst IP 192.168.2.1), and VPP can decap
this gtpu packet (teid 261) to get T-PDU data, and then re-encap gtpu (teid
262) and udp to send to CN (port 2152, src IP 192.168.3.1, dst IP 192.168.3.2).
Something like this:

[cid:image004.jpg@01D46AE8.31D69390]

You can see below original packet from eNB side.

[cid:image006.jpg@01D46AE8.31D69390]

Actually, I don't need VPP to decode the payload in red color, i.e. T-PDU Data
4500…… I just want to keep this T-PDU Data and then fill the new teid and src &
dst IP to send to CN side. The output packet should like this:

[cid:image008.jpg@01D46AE8.31D69390]

I run below command to set tunnels:

vppctl create gtpu tunnel src 192.168.2.1 dst 192.168.2.2 teid 261
vppctl create gtpu tunnel src 192.168.3.2 dst 192.168.3.1 teid 262

and capture the original packet with "show trace" successfully. But the VPP
treated the payload 4500…… as l2-input since I didn't set "decap-next node" in
above command.

But if I use below command:

vppctl create gtpu tunnel src 192.168.2.1 dst 192.168.2.2 teid 261 decap-next
node gtpu4-encap
vppctl create gtpu tunnel src 192.168.3.2 dst 192.168.3.1 teid 262 decap-next
node gtpu4-encap

The VPP process will be crashed. Maybe I miss something or my command is not
correct enough. Actually I found that there is no previous node for
gtpu4-encap. I don't know why.

Could you please show me what should I do to satisfy my requirement which is
not complex in my mind?

Thanks a lot!
Best regards
刘道林 (Daolin Liu)
T&W大连市共进科技有限公司
DALIAN GONGJIN TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD
中国大连市高新园区软件园路1A-4-24层
Floor 24th, 1A-4 Software Park Road, Hi-tech Zone, Dalian, Liaoning, China
直线(TEL):(86-411)39996705       分机(EXT):76824
手机(Mobile):(86)13704090959

本电子邮件(包括任何的附件)为本公司保密文件。本文件仅仅可为以上指定的收件人或公司使用,如果阁下非电子邮件所指定之收件人,那么阁下对该邮件部分或全部的泄漏、阅览、复印、变更、散布或对邮件内容的使用都是被严格禁止的。如果阁下接收了该错误传送的电子邮件,敬请阁下通过回复该邮件的方式立即通知寄件人,同时删除你所接收到的文本。
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.