From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io [mailto:vpp-dev@lists.fd.io] On Behalf Of
alp.ars...@xflowresearch.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:49 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun...@intel.com>; vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] PPPoE plugin documentation/support

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Dear Hongjun,

I was able to correctly set up the cp interface, my mistake as I was giving the
wrong interface index.
Now the PADI packets are passed to cp interface.

I started a pppoe-server on the Linux side (tap0) interface, but VPP is
dropping the PADO packets.
Adding a trace on the virtio-input shows this:

00:04:07:498195: virtio-input
  virtio: hw_if_index 2 next-index 4 vring 0 len 71
    hdr: flags 0x00 gso_type 0x00 hdr_len 0 gso_size 0 csum_start 0 csum_offset
0 num_buffers 1
00:04:07:498204: ethernet-input
  PPPOE_DISCOVERY: f6:a0:85:84:98:e6 -> 3c:fd:fe:25:e6:20
00:04:07:498209: error-drop
  ethernet-input: l3 mac mismatch

The destination MAC address belongs to the pppoe-client, that's connected to
the 10G interface. However, VPP doesn't seem to know where to forward the PADO
replies.
Also there are no entries in the pppoe fib for this client. Can you please help
me with this one? Please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,
Alp Arslan